The Curing Process
Our ceramic coating cures within the first 30 minutes of application. However the coating is not fully hardened until 12-24 hours depending on environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature. AT ALL TIMES, the following should be avoided:
- Parking under a shaded tree.
- Allowing bird droppings, sap or pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun.
- Allowing contaminated or hard water to sit on the paint (avoid parking near irrigation sprinklers).
- Washing improperly using brushes or abrasive towels on the paint.
- The coating can help prevent your clear coat from water spots as it is hydrophobic. Ceramics (E14) however is not bullet proof and can still get hard water spots. The coating is less likely to etch than your factory clear coat, but it can still get water spots if not addressed immediately.
If you notice that your car gets water spots, bird droppings, tree sap etc. immediately remove it following our after care instructions listed below. ALWAYS be gentle when working on the paint.
1. For best results the car should be washed on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive contamination build-up.
2. Avoid high volume brush style car washes, as these can cause abrasion and wear down the coating.
3. Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
4. Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross contamination and abrasion.
IF washing yourself at home, we recommend using a foam cannon with our proprietary ceramic infused soap: Sigma Soap
1. Always dry completely, never leave it to “air” dry.
2. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots.
3. Only use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
1. Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.
2. Never use excessive force to remove spots. Bird droppings, tar, sap, road paint, etc. should be removed as soon as possible to avoid temporary staining or hardening in the coating.
3. Any staining left behind from bird droppings will break down over a few days without affecting the coating. IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE REMOVING YOURSELF PLEASE SWING BY ONE OF YOUR TWO CONVENIENT LOCATIONS TO HAVE US ASSESS AND FIX..We are here to help! After Washing: Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating. Sigma Kore SWIFT Spray is the recommended maintenance
Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating. Sigma Kore SWIFT Spray is the recommended maintenance product.
Sigma Kore will also utilize this detail spray during your annual maintenance visit.
Automated Washing: Always go to a touch free wash. Using an automated car wash with brushes will void the warranty, dull the coating and cause scratches and swirls. Sigma Kore does not warrant swirls and scratches caused by automatic brush car washes. Sigma Kore E14 Ceramic takes roughly 24 hours to achieve full hardness. Please handle with care and do not wash the vehicle for the first week.
SAFE TOUCH LESS WASH EXAMPLE
In the Denver Metro Area we recommend washing at Autowash, they have self bays and touch less automatic washes.
WARRANTY & TERMS
LIMIT OF LIABILITY (CLAIMS)